Tuesday, May 17

Im breaking out

I finally got some pictures from last weekend so an update is in order. You remember when I mentioned Jailbreak in this post?  It was time.

This 'race' was purely fun, it wasnt even timed.  It did have a clock so we watched that to estimate how 'fast' we finished.  The plan was to finish, have fun, and get dirty.  4 miles in heat and almost completely uphill, we were not expecting us to be quick by any means.

Here is one of our 'before' pictures.
So clean with our white stripped shirts.  BTW, we painted the stripes on with fabric paint and they 'shrunk'  We had to stretch them out and wiggle our way in them.  Hilarious, luckily, they loosed up after a while.

Before the race began, we must stretch.


Thats our tree pose, holding a tree. LOL, we were very amused.

At 12 sharp the race began.  I failed and did not bring a water proof camera me, one of these days I will remember to bring one.   Because of my fail, we have no pictures DURING the race, except for the end.

Here's the recap, I hope to keep this short and sweet.

We started jogging and we reached horse saws (?) where we had to leap over.  Times like these I hate being 5' 1" but leaped I did.  The ran UP hill and through the woods (off to grandmas house we go)  Im not kidding, hill after hill after hill.  Sheesh but we plowed through it and met up with the junk cars. We leaped over the 2 cars, Im short people, so I kinda climbed over them.   Then guess what was next...thats right more hills.  Im not kidding when I say it was up hill the ENTIRE time.

Next came the pipes, we drove in and crawled through the mud and climbed back out on solid ground.  My thrift store shoes were holding up very well at this point, I was so proud of my cheapness.  After another hill, we met the hay bells.  I think they have it in for me.  I jumped up and over.  This is where we met 2 people from California.  We chatted and laughed as we walked up ANOTHER hill.  At the corner, we took off to meet the tires.  We then went downhill for a split second until we entered the woods and began our trek back up hill.  Enter sandpit.  Running...errr...jogging in a sand pit is not easy with muddy feet.  Can we say 500lbs added? 

After that we greeted the rocks.  There were road blinkies on the rocks and I said "I guess we are supposed to follow those"  We heard a soft voice to our right "Hey over here, come this way"  So we climbed the rocks and headed towards the guy waving his arms at us.  At this point, we were wondering how long we had been out there.  The sun was beating down and we were dying to cool off. 

Enter the slide.  Yes the slide.  A ginormous slip and slide completely DOWNHILL  The water felt so good as we dove strait down it.  We exited to the left and jogged to the finish.  Sorta.  We came to the wall.  This wall was not high and did NOT look complicated.  I stopped to wait and the guy in front says "Its slick so run up it and grab on to the rope and pull yourself over"  Noted and I took off.  I went up , slipped, grabbed the rope, pulled myself over and waiting for my partner to get up to meet me.  She ran, slipped, grabbed rope and pulled.  I thought, shes got it, so I climbed on over.  Yea she didnt. She pulled and pulled and pulled and slid down.  I felt horrible that I didnt stay up there and help but off we went. 

We got the mud pit. It was not mud.  It was wet sand and my knees are still beat up because of it.  To finish you had to barrel roll through a sand pit.  It was glorious.

It was so much fun, as you can tell.


Sadly, we did not escape prison but we had fun tyring.


This is us heading to take a shower, sand should NOT be in some places in your body.



Ahh all clean, kinda


Our time?
57 minutes and some change.  Not too bad for  4 miles, uphill, in Tx heat with walking and talking.

Were thinking of making this a yearly event, it was a great way to spend the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That sounds intense! You're so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here from Fun Tuesday Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Found you from the Take Three Tuesday Blog Hop! Am a happy new follower :).

    www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Very Impressive!!! I'm in Texas too and there is no way in the world you'd get me outside - and running - and diving through sand!!

    Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun :) Hello! I am stopping by from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop! I am your newest follower and I cannot wait to read more! I hope to have you stop by and follow me back :)
    www.divvyupdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am your new GFC follower from Take Three Tuesday Blog Hop. Hope to see you at http://luckyangelandgiveaways.blogspot.com/ Thank you and have a great week

    ReplyDelete