Thursday, October 21

Running with a wagon

T minus 2 days until I run an official 10k. (nervous)  I dont know why Im nervous.  Ive run 7-8 miles non- stop without an issue.  Ive run 6 miles no problem.  I think being in front of people, scared to death that I fall or take 3 hours to finish, is whats getting me caught up.  Im nervous that I will fail. Im not setting a time goal.  Okay, I lie, I am.  I want to finish in 1 hour and 15 minutes.  That gives me a little more than12 min mile on average.  (I have to confess, deep down, I want to finish in an hour but Ill settle for 15 minutes over if thats what I end with)  No matter what the finish time is, as long as I dont stop, I will be happy.

So, as part of the training for the half marathon that Im GOING to do on December 5 ---ekkkk---, the plan was to run 6 miles.  The hubs wasnt home yet so I drug the kids along for as long as I could go in this handy dandy do-dad.


(Poor baby girl with her bald head, one day sweetheart, one day)

I give props to ANYONE that runs with kids.  Its ridiculous.  I should have taken the stroller but they were already in the wagon. (Its in the living room, classy I know, and they sit in it with the cat toys everyday, when I figure out why, Ill let you know)  My neighborhood is hilly so going down was great, going up not so much.  The whole time, all I hear is C giggling  and E going "Giggle Giggle Giggle WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Giggle Giggle Giggle" Yes she sounds like the pig on the Geico commericals.  I was laughing the whole time, attempting to jog up the hills.  I lasted little over a mile and took them home to dad and took off.  5 miles and about 50 minutes later, I was done.  Wheew, 6 miles in an hour shouldnt be that hard to do right?  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment