Monday, October 11

Trip to Pittsburgh

Last week, I finally got a break from work and had a chance to relax.  Every year, there is a trip planned to eat, drink, and relax with no worries of work.  I was lucky enough to be invited back this year.  So off to Pittsburgh I went.

I chose to have a layover because 1, Im cheap and 2, seemed simple enough.  On the plane, I was given a snack.

(The Biscoff, whatever that is, was on the first flight, the pretzels on the second)

I was not impressed., so I headed to the food court and got a smoothie.  It was soooo good and hit the spot.

Once I landed in Pittsburgh, I was starving but took a nap instead.  You see, I was up at 430 AM to catch a 730 flight an hour away, so I slept.  Then it was time for dinner.  I had a steak (let me wipe the drool) with garlic mushrooms and onion stings.  It looks like a mess, but it was so tasty.



It was so good but I was reaking of garlic for the rest of the night.  Luckily, so did everyone else, so I was in good company.  AND no vampires would come near to us ;)

With the steak, I had a side of asparagus.  A side. What the menu didnt say was it was a side for 10 people. I ate plenty but it doesnt look like I even touched it.  The sauce, which Im sure was filled with the not so good for you stuff, was great.  I nearly licked it clean.


After dinner, we headed out, which Im sure I drank what calories I lost this week in running, but its ok.  It was totally worth it.

When I landed back in Dallas, I whipped out my phone and brought up where I typed in where my car was parked. I tend to lose it often at Walmart so I was determined not to lose it at the airport.  So sad, lost it anyway.  After 30 minutes of going up and down isles, there it was.  On the end.  Where I left it.

All in all it was a good trip.  The best part was picking the kiddos up from my moms, she took them to a football game, and seeing their faces light up when I walked in the room.  Eyes lit up, squeals filled the room and one tiny girl clung on to my leg saying "Momma..Momma...Momma" as the boy slept despite the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment