Monday, November 29

Thanksgiving in a nut shell

The last 4 days have been super busy around our house and yet,  nothing seemed to get done.

Thursday, of course, was Thanksgiving.  I cooked again this year, minus the turkey.  It was just me, the hubs, and the kiddos and cooking a 15 lb turkey seemed pointless.  The hubs was determined to have turkey so we compromised, we went to Dickeys.  It was so much easier.  I went the night before and bought 2 lbs (because 1 would not be enough in his eyes) and all I had to the next day was pop in in the oven to warm it up.  Easy Peasey.  The sides, which in my opinion, are the best part.  I made green bean casserole, yams, mac-n-cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole and croissants. 

The kids had a blast lounging around in PJs all day but they barely ate.  I assume its because they just got over a cold.  Here are some pictures of them tasting everything....carefully.







After linner (you know lunch and dinner combine)  I jumped into the shower and put on a LARGE pot of coffee.  You see Toys-R-Us was opening at 10 and I had my eyes set on a kitchen. 

So I joined the crazies, in the cold, hopped up on caffeine.

Good thing, I got one of the last ones. 

But I got sick and laid in bed all the next day (due to lack of sleep, over-caffeinated brain cells and shivering in the cold for hours)

But it was worth it, or so I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment