Sunday, February 13

Vegetarian for one week?

Cant be that hard right?  Another item on my list is to eat vegetarian for one week.  No meat, that was my rule.  I gave myself a little lea-way to eat cheese and fish, but only once.  I have a whole new respect for non-meat eaters.  Going out to eat gets complicated because you have to dissect things to make sure no meat is inside somewhere.  Here's what I at for the last week.

Saturday
Cheese Enchilada and a Chile Relleno with rice and beans
Cashews for snacking
Steamed Broccoli
Corn Nuggets
Cheese and Crackers
Peanut Butter and Pretzels
(It was fight night so it was all snacking most of the night)

Sunday
Bean and Cheese Burrito
2 slices of Mushroom and Onion Pizza

Monday
Salad with carrots, cabbage, and broccoli
Grape tomatoes
Pasta Salad
1 Slice of Mushroom and Onion Pizza

Tuesday
Potato and Egg Burrito
Catfish with hush puppies
Dirty Rice stuff Collard Greens (Which I got from HERE, but substituted the sausage for vegetarian beef, tasted so good)

Wednesday
Jalapeno and cream cheese taquito
Salad with carrots, cucumbers, radishes
Veggie Lasagna
Tostada with Guacamole
Roasted zucchini, onions and tomatoes

Thursday
Monterrey Jack cheese roll up
Spinach Enchilada with rice and beans
Veggie Burger

Friday
Potato Egg Burrito
Cheese enchilada with roasted veggies
Cream cheese with Pepper Jelly
Pita Chips with Hummus


I learned a few things this week.
1.  I need meat, I like it and I can only eat beans and salads so much.
2.  Vegetarians have it harder than I thought
3.  I eat a lot of Mexican food
4.  I eat a lot of cheese.

Somehow I managed but I dont think I will be cutting meat out of my diet permanently any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment