Thursday, March 31

Ohh Hummus

Somehow over the last year or so, I have fallen in love with hummus.  I buy it every time it goes on sale and practically eat the entire container.  I dont know what it is, its just that good.  So while I made my list, I figured I might as well learn how to make it since I eat it all the time.

I found the below recipe, and of course I tweaked it.  For life of me, I cant remember where I got it from but here it goes.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained
1 4oz jar of roasted red peppers
1 1/2 tbl tahini
3 tbl lemon juice
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1/4 tsp salt
Parsley for garnish


So what did I change?  I didnt measure anything (just another reason why I dont bake)

I added the garbanzo beans with a (literally) spoon full of garlic, dash of salt, some tahini (couldnt tell you how much but it was about what the recipe called for) , the juice of one lemon and the seasonings.  I put what  it said, give or take, but it didnt smell right so I added more.  I used my magic bullet so I had to puree some of the beans first before I could add the peppers.  I added half the container of peppers and some of the juice and blended until smooth.  I then added it to the bowl and topped it with parsley and sriracha sauce because lets face it, I like it spicy.


It was so easy to make and it tasted just like the ones I buy at the store.
Ill be making my own for now on.

1 comment:

  1. nice, i always wanted to make hummus! i love the roasted garlic kind!! oh yumm!!

    Hugs & Loves, Ariel

    ReplyDelete