Thursday, April 28

How my life changed 2 years ago

I just realized that I have never shared my pregnancy/birth story of these gorgeous (ok Im biased) babies.

Lets start at the beginning.  After a year of trying, we found out I was pregnant.  This was only after I miss-read the pregnancy test and had my heart broken again.  Finally, after taking about 15 tests, we were expecting and we couldnt have been happier.  I know the EXACT date, that we conceived.  Crazy, but I know without a doubt when it happened.  When I peed on the stick, I was 5 weeks pregnant.  I was not sick, with exception of the flu.  I was not uncomfortable, with the exception of being exhausted.  Everything was great.

At about 7 weeks, I wanted a pickle.  My first prego craving?  Nope, I love pickles and pickle juice.  I took a bite and my stomach flipped. I yell "THEY DO NOT LIKE PICKLES" and took off to the bathroom.  When I was done, Ill spare you the details, and I walked back in the living room.  The husband says "you just said they"  This happened 2 more times and at 9 weeks I headed to the doctor for our first sonogram.  I knew what was coming.

Ill never forget it.  The doc, while rubbing that goo all over my tummy, says quietly "Well..." In that moment I almost broke down.  I thought for sure his next words would be, "Im sorry but your not pregnant"  Instead, he said "How do you feel about 2 for 1"  The husband jumped up and said "I TOLD YOU  WE WERE HAVING TWINS"  And the journey began.

This is me at 16 weeks and Im pushing out.  I was DYING to look pregnant instead of that I just ate too much.

My pregnancy was great.  I had no issues, no major weight gain and TWO babies taking over my insides.

This is at 6 months

At 8 months, YEA, now I got a BIG belly :)


We had a scheduled c-section for May 14, at week 38.  My doctor kept telling me that we need to make it to 32 weeks, just hold on to 32 weeks.  32 weeks came and went and I knew wed make it to our scheduled date.

On Friday, I got a rash.  Have you every heard of PUPS?  Let me just tell you, it is hell.  I dont wish it on anyone.  I broke out in what can only be described as hives.  I was covered head to toe and could not stop itching.  Luckily, the Doctor called me in .....well....I dont have a clue what it was but it helped.

On a Tuesday, I was feeling great, but I was still really itchy.  I was waddling and hanging out in my crocs and sweat pants trying to figure out what I needed to get done in the next two weeks.  I needed to do pregnancy pictures, I need to get a pedicure, I needed to shave me legs.  The next day I had all planned out.  I had 3 doctor appointments (my weekly check up, sonogram, and a stress test) so I decided to take a me day.  Pictures and pedicures was in order.  But the itching wouldnt stop, so that night I took a bubble bath in oatmeal.  Ooops.

Around 4 am, believe me I looked, I got up for water.  This was usual so I didnt think anything about it. I drank my water and went back to sleep.  Right before 6, I sneezed and I peed.  I leaped out of bed and kept peeing. And peeing. And peeing. Thats when it dawned on me that I wasnt peeing.  I yelled "Umm Josh, I think we need to go to the hospital."  In his groggy state, he replied "and why is that, your good for 2 more weeks"  And I calming said, "Well either my water broke or Im leaking something, we need to go"

No pain, no panic, just I knew we needed to go.  So what did I do?  I took a shower.  And took my time going to the hospital.  No bag.  Just left.  I seriously thought they would send me home.  Of course I took a picture before we walked out.

You see the rash, hell I tell you.

We got the hospital, parked, and calmly walked into the maternity ward.  I had already called so they knew we were coming and expected me to be panicky.  I was holding my stomach and the nurse asked if I was in pain.  I said no i just needed a toilet so I could unclench because I just peed on myself again.  You wouldnt believe the look she gave me.  It was priceless.


To be continued.....

2 comments:

  1. umm u dont even look like youre carrying twins! you looked great!
    Happy birthday to your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are considering how you can best get pregnant fast, try to remember that pregnancy is very difficult to control or force.Awesome you have pictured the every movement of the happiness in your life keep going do it

    ReplyDelete